Miria Backup & Migration
High Performance Data Protection & Movement for Large File Storages
High performance, secure, reliable backup and migration for large file storages and between cross-vendors storages.
A single solution to back up, synchronize, migrate and move your unstructured data and files between large heterogeneous storages.
The Challenges of Managing Large Volume Storage or Millions/Billions of Files
Exploding unstructured data volumes add significant costs to your IT operational workflows.
Having cold data on primary storage is expensive and slows down operations. Data movement can save you money on storage costs
Renewing storage is more complex because of dependency on single vendor storages and budgetary impacts (NAS backup, snapshot, replication).
The difficulty to handle often costly and complex solutions for data synchronization and migration of large data volumes between diverse storages.
5 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR TEAMS MANAGING VERY LARGE STORAGES:
- How can we perform full backups when my incrementals don’t even fit into the backup window?
- How do I manage the migration of millions or billions of files and folders between two different storages like Cloud to NAS, GPFS to Lustre or Cloud to Cloud without losing data?
- We are legally obliged to back up our data. Where can I find a powerful and reliable backup solution for petascale unstructured data?
- How can I back up my data stored in the cloud or in an object storage?
- How do we automatically archive cold data in complete security?
Back up regularly and efficiently with successive increments
Simply recover a few files or complete volumes –even to a different type of storage
Perform automatic and incremental file migration between heterogeneous storages
Adjust performances with the simple addition or removal of a Data Mover
Miria is an open solution which includes migration and synchronization between heterogeneous storages
MIRIA, ATEMPO'S DATA MANAGEMENT SOLUTION: MODULES & ARCHITECTURE
High performance backup for hundreds of terabytes or petabytes of unstructured file data and millions/billions of folders and files. An open solution for multi-storage sources (cloud, object storage, NAS & Scale-out NAS, storages and shared or parallel filesystems) with a wide range of target storages: disk, object, optical disk, tape and/or cloud.
The solution for migration and synchronization of very large volumes and very high numbers of files. Miria for Migration reliably automates high performance data movement for your files and folders and associated ACLs between heterogeneous storages (NAS, distributed or parallel file servers). The solution is completed by a full range of professional services by Atempo teams from the initial audit of the technical perimeter to the final storage cutover.
The solution for archiving digital information on any file or cloud/object storage server. It offers multiple modes for archiving data: from fully automated or scheduled process, to manual drag-and-drop archiving initiated by an end user. In both modes, the archived data can be enriched with metadata.
STRUCTURED ARCHITECTURE COMBINES:
- A powerful database able to record and store billions of objects and all metadata
- A cluster of machines to collect and move data (the Data Movers)
- A centralized admin interface to manage all the components of this solution, to define the infrastructure, monitor ongoing task progression
- A user interface available for workstations allowing users to back up and restore their own data by drag and drop
- APIs and CLI (Command Lines Interfaces) enable the integration and automation of the solution for existing application processes or professional workflows
- Powerful and unique FastScan feature* collects the list of added, modified or deleted files on file storage servers. No need for lengthy and extensive storage crawling, the data movement starts very early.